The Bureau of Public Information is mandated to provide the Office of the Regional Governor, all line agencies and offices in and outside of the autonomous region an intensified information system to ensure a well–informed populace participating in the affairs of the regional government.
Section 02, Executive Order No. 02, Series of 1996
The Bureau of Public Information, Office of the Regional Governor, thru the Executive Director, shall have the following powers and functions:
• Provide an institutional and effective information arm in the ARMM government to ensure a participatory governance;
• Develop viable measures institutionalizing a well–managed information feedback and feed forward process between the Regional Autonomous government and its constituents or clients;
• Institute plans and recommend information policies for executive issuances and in aid of regional legislation;
• Orchestrate the establishment of viable information arms in various line agencies and other offices within the region;
• Conduct continuing research concerning the informational needs and requirements of the ARMM government and its clients;
• Strengthen communication linkages with local government units in the region thru efficient information dissemination;
• Establish and maintain conduits with public and private media outlets, local and national, to keep the regional populace and their neighboring areas abreast with the development projects and programs, including events and issues in the region;
• Develop and sustain informational package promoting the area of Autonomy to the outside world and attracting investments and economic cooperation; and
• Perform such other functions as may be authorized by the Regional Governor.